Skip to main content

Southern Oregon Auto Injury Clinic

Personal Injury Protection Insurance: What is it?

Every driver in Oregon is required to carry Personal Injury Protection insurance, frequently called PIP, of at least $15,000 in medical coverage. This coverage is Oregon’s version of no-fault insurance. If you are injured in a car, pedestrian, or bicycle accident, then your PIP insurance will pay for your medical bills (INCLUDING CHIROPRACTIC & MASSAGE), regardless of who was at fault, for up to 24 months after the accident or up to $15,000, whichever occurs first.

Injured: What do I do?

Following an automobile accident, there is a lot of confusion that may occur. There is a lot that is required/needed from you.  Besides damage to your car and the hassle of required accident reports, you have to deal with pains associated with the injury itself.

The day of the accident, you may have quite a bit of discomfort immediately following the accident.  However, there are many times when victims of the accident only feel, “some” pains in the neck, back, arms or legs or even a minor headache. The amount of adrenaline that streams through our bodies following an accident can tend to mask the severity of the injuries that a person may have sustained during the accident.  Many accident victims go to the hospital with “some” pains.  However, the accident victims are usually instructed to monitor themselves, because the discomfort from the injuries that they have sustained is likely to get worse. Too often,we hear that their little “fender bender” seemed mild, but now their whole body aches. Don’t let this happen to you where your current pain turns into chronic pain.

Here are some questions that we can help with:

“What do I do next?”

“Who can I go to, to help me with my injuries?”

“Where can I get the help I need to be sure that I have the right paperwork filled out?”

“Should I be talking to my Insurance company about the accident?”

“Should I be talking to the Insurance company of the person who hit me?”

“If the driver of the other car is uninsured, how do I get what I need taken care of?”

“What do I do with all of this complicated paperwork from the Insurance Company?”

Ignoring the injury problems and not addressing them early can tend to make more chronic, unnecessary problems. The sooner that the problems are addressed the quicker the pains and other issues associated with the accident can be taken care of.

Come see us today so we can help you!